- You are eligible for a charitable income tax deduction on the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer
- You pay no capital gains tax on securities you donate that you’ve held for more than one year.
- Donating securities can help you rebalance your portfolio.
How to make a securities transfer
1. Please notify our office of the transfer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your information will also allow us to identify and promptly acknowledge your gift.
2. To transfer your shares held with your broker directly to the WRC brokerage account, provide your broker/advisor with the following information:
DTC Number: 0057
Account Number: 992-15008 (1-6)
Broker: Edward Jones
Women’s Resource Center of the Rockies Tax ID Number: 26-0461526
Please ask your broker to make sure to put your name on the transaction so that it can be identified in order for us to supply the appropriate tax documents.